University of California, Office of the President (UCOP)
Note: Link will take you to the UC Sumtotal page. You may need to login with your Lab username and password. Click “LBNL” and the course should appear. Otherwise, search the course name, UC Ethics and Compliance Briefing for Researchers.
- This briefing is intended for all University extramurally funded researchers, including faculty and staff researchers, as well as postdoctoral scholars. Through it, you’ll receive a summary of what is expected of you as a researcher at the University and of the various obligations this role entails, covering topics such as:
- How to protect yourself, your research and the University through comprehensive disclosure and ethical behavior
- UC Whistleblower purpose, policies, protection and procedures
- Export control
- Conflicts of interest, conflicts of commmitment and associated disclosure processes
- Form 700-U, PHS, NIH and NSF disclosure processes
- This course is intended to help educate and inform employees of outside activity requirements and policies. The course should take about 10 minutes to complete, and you will need to use your LDAP to log in.
- This briefing is designed to raise continued awareness of the University of California Statement of Ethical Values and Standards of Ethical Conduct, and to convey University employment obligations with respect to ethical and compliant behavior. The purpose is not to teach University policy or ethics but to familiarize UC employees with important ethics and compliance information, issues and resources. Berkeley Lab staff are required to complete the briefing on University of California Ethical Values and Conduct. This is required by policy of the University of California Office of the President. ***Employees who completed RII0003 have fulfilled this requirement***