- Please review Travel Services information before making travel arrangements
- Foreign travel associated with a S&T restricted project may require additional approvals. A S&T Risk Matrix screening step has been integrated into the foreign travel review process.
- For additional guidance on foreign travel associated with a S&T restricted project, please contact your Division Business Manager.
International Visitors and Affiliates
- Current status on visitor access is available through Security & Emergency Services (SES), Visitor Access.
- Affiliate information and requests are available through Human Resources, Affiliates.
- International visitor and affiliate questions should be directed to email@example.com.
- Affiliates cannot participate in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs sponsored by countries of risk (presently China, Iran, North Korea or Russia).
- Certain Affiliates who provide uncompensated research support to their hosts (generally graduate students and post docs) and have funding from a country of risk may be restricted and require DOE approval in order to participate at Berkeley Lab.
Export Control – Sharing of Technology and Research Material
- U.S. Export Control Regulations impact all Berkeley Lab activities. They are designed to protect U.S. foreign policy and national security interests and objectives. These regulations prohibit the transfer of certain information, commodities and services to foreign entities, foreign destinations and foreign persons (within the United States or abroad) without appropriate export authorizations.
- Export control violations carry significant civil and criminal penalties for both Berkeley Lab and its staff. Berkeley Lab is committed to complying with U.S. Export Control Regulations.
- Berkeley Lab has created a short 25-minute Export Control General Awareness Training video. This video provides education on export controls generally, explains when to seek help, and identifies the resources that are available to you.
- To learn more about export controls, visit Berkeley Lab training, the Export Control website or contact the Export Compliance Office (ECO) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any export control questions can be directed to the Export Compliance Office (ECO) at email@example.com